Monday, March 30, 2009

Guess What I Got Today

Last year, The Pioneer Woman mentioned a blog on her website, The Fat Cyclist. I don't know what made me check out Fatty's blog, but I did, and have been checking it daily since. Fatty rides bikes and blogs about it. He's very funny. Also, Fatty's wife, Susan, has been battling metastatic breast cancer for about two years and as of last October has moved to hospice care. In addition to taking care of Susan, their four kids, working, blogging and biking, Fatty raises money for cancer through the Lance Armstrong Foundation.

In January, Fatty set an ambitious goal for 2009: to raise $1,000,000 to help the Lance Armstrong Foundation fight cancer. Team Fat Cyclist: Fighting for Susan (Team Fatty for short) has raised over $100,000 so far. Susan has always loved to make jewelry and since her neuropathy has backed off, she has been able to make jewelry again. She made these bike chain bracelets (Fatty cleaned and degreased the chains) to raise money for the fight against cancer. Fatty offered people these awesome bracelets if they made a donation of a certain amount to the LAF. Within no time, over 80 people had made donations that qualified for a bracelet! Susan has been very busy!
Mine came today! How neat is this? Like a yellow bracelet, but cooler!
I will wear my bracelet with pride and I will tell everyone who asks about Susan and her story.

Win Susan!
If you would like to help Fatty, please go here.

1 comment:

M said...

WoW! That is so cool!
I boycott PW because I emailed her about our plate fundraiser a few years back...a long story. BUT I will continue to go to The Fat Cyclist.
Happy Monday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails