Saturday, September 4, 2010

Escape from Reality

About four times a year, I get to go away with my husband for meetings that he has to attend. They are always in great spots and it's fun to catch up with friends from all over the country. On Wednesday (after I sent the last of our 5 kids to school), I met Tony in South Beach for a few days of vacation. If you are a friend on Facebook, you know that I spent 6 1/2 hours sitting at BWI airport waiting for my flight to Miami. I got in around 11:30 p.m. after arriving at the airport here at 1:15 p.m.

South Beach is an interesting place and it is stinking hot. I haven't been that hot in a long time, and let me tell you that Baltimore is no picnic in August.


Photobucket

The sunsets are beautiful though!

Photobucket

We went to a reception on the lawn at the Lowes hotel where we were staying. The fake grass turf was absolutely smoking. The men were sweating so badly that their shirts were changing colors! The liner of my dress was sticking to me and the back of my hair was dripping wet...gross!

Photobucket

I did get to catch up with my friends, Julie and Kimberly, so it was worth it!

Photobucket

More of our adventures in Miami to come...

1 comment:

Stefunkc said...

See, I'm doing my escapes wrong...I always have the girls with me:) And your shoes are so adorable!

Related Posts with Thumbnails