Friday, October 16, 2009

Traveling the East Coast

On Thursday morning I woke up in my favorite city on the east coast (New York).

Photobucket

I then took a train to my least favorite city on the east coast (Philadelphia)
.

Photobucket

It was freezing and pouring rain. The kind of rain and wind where your umbrella turns inside out as you are walking.


Photobucket

I was in Philly to meet my friend, Kimberly. (Maggie's mom) She was up from North Carolina for a conference with her husband. I was also supposed to be at this conference with my husband, but life got in the way. The rain didn't stop us from going to Kimberly's favorite store, LUSH. We find a LUSH store in every city we visit together!

Photobucket

We had a wonderful lunch at Good Dog. Macaroni and cheese (a gourmet blend of gruyere, aged gouda and aged white cheddar cheeses mixed with a bechamel sauce and elbow macaroni then topped with cornflakes and backed to perfection.) and warm blueberry cornbread. The perfect meal for a rainy day.

Photobucket

Then it was back on a train and home to reality.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails