Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Dr. Seuss Cake

First, may I say that Allie is so my daughter. I see glimpses of an overachiever in her all the time and it scares me!

Allie's best friend, Ali's birthday was coming up and she wanted to make a cake for her. She watched this video on youtube and decided to go for it. Now, she has made many cakes in her 14 years, but never anything like this.




The woman in the video made it look so easy. Let me be the first to tell you that it was not! What a nightmare. First of all, fondant is not so easy to work with. Second, no one told us that you had to put it back in the refrigerator. We went out for awhile and came back to a droopy cake.
I am proud to say that Allie stuck with it when it would have been just as easy to sweep it into the trash. I think it turned out really well considering all of the difficulties she encountered!

Photobucket

Tony called it the Dr. Seuss cake because of the wire things sticking our all over. Her friend loved the cake.

Photobucket

It was very tasty too!


Photobucket

The Ace of Cakes had to start somewhere.

Now if I could just get her to clean up after herself, I would be a happy camper!


Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails