Thursday, January 8, 2009

Another Winner....Roasted Sausages with Pasta, Peppers and Pesto Sauce

I have no intention of this becoming a food blog, but I feel the need to share a good recipe when I find one. I love to cook, but I get really tired of trying to come up with new things. I also spend a lot of time driving between the hours of 3 and 7 p.m. so quick, good meals are great to find. This was super fast and everyone loved it.
1 1/2 pounds Italian sausages*
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 large red bell pepper, slivered
8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 medium sweet onion, cut into strips
3/4 cup prepared pesto sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1 pound whole wheat linguine, cooked and drained
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated

Cook sausages about 20 minutes or until cooked through. Cut into 1/2-inch thick slices. Heat olive oil in a large skillet; saute peppers, mushrooms and onions until tender. Add pesto and sausage. Toss about 3 minutes to warm through. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss with linguine and serve with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.

*I used Aidell's already cooked sausages so I just cut them into 1/2-inch pieces and threw them in with the peppers, mushrooms and onions. I was able to make the entire meal in the time that it took me to boil the water to cook the pasta.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails