Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Scenes From Day One

Wednesday turned out to be a gray day, but at least it was in the high 50's. I spent 3 hours walking around the city by myself enjoying the scenery (and the people watching, of which there seems to be a lot of in San Francisco) I walked up Knob Hill and down to Fisherman's Wharf from my hotel at Union Square.

Photobucket

I thought about taking the cable car, but figured I could use the exercise more.

Photobucket

I also walked up Lombard Street to the top where the road zig zags. I must have walked up a thousand steps to get to the top.


Photobucket

Photobucket

There weren't a lot of people down by the water. Something about the color of this boat spoke to me.


Photobucket

This homeless man was an absolute scream. He hid behind this spray of branches as if he was a plant. When people walked by, he would jump out from behind the branches and scare the people. It was hysterical to watch...I probably should have given him a few dollars for the entertainment.

Photobucket

I walked back through China Town. All the fruit and veggies were amazing.
I could have spent all day walking around.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thankfully, I stopped when I did...I could barely walk the next day from all the hills I climbed!

1 comment:

Stefunkc said...

Great pictures! I'm running a half marathon there in October. I'm not liking all those hills I see though!

Related Posts with Thumbnails