Thursday, May 27, 2010

I Heart Martha

Several years ago, I came across this article for photo centerpieces in Martha Stewart Living. At the time I was working on a donor dinner for my kids' school and made 60 of them--I used photos of the school from the late 1800's to current day. They were a total hit.

When my sister-in-law asked for help with her party, I immediately thought of this project. I used old photos of her in-laws for the centerpieces. They were pretty easy to make.


Photobucket

First, buy a bunch of black frames. I prefer those that are flat on the front and back. It makes them easier to attach to each other. Michaels has a bunch of sizes that are very reasonable. 4 x 6 frames and 5 x 7 frames are the easiest to make. 8 x 10's are more difficult.


Photobucket

Print your photos onto vellum. Martha suggests using ecru vellum--Michaels only has white and it is called Translucent Specialty Paper.
Terrifically Tacky Tape is the perfect thing to use to attach the photos to the inside of the frames. It comes in several sizes, but I buy the thinnest size.

Photobucket

Take out everything in the frame (find another use for all of the glass and cardboard backs. If you come up with one, let me know since I have tons of supplies from the last time I did this!) Place the tape on all four sides of the inside of the frame. Remove the backing of the tape. Then place your vellum photo down onto the tape. This can be tricky with the 8 x 10 photos--work slowly and only attach one side at a time.

Photobucket

Once you have the photos taped down into each of the frames, tape three of them together using electrical tape. Fold the frames into a triangle shape and put a votive candle inside of the frame. I will post pictures of the frames when they are lit up on Saturday at the party.

Photobucket

I also made stickers for the fronts of the buckets that are being used for the prizes for a trivia game about the couple. Again, the buckets are filled with some of their favorite things.


Photobucket

I am also creating a memory book at the party--there will be some super fun mannequins that will be used. Check back on Sunday to see what we have planned!

I posted this idea on
:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails