Saturday, July 10, 2010

Extreme Makeover Home Edition

Last week, a girl who went to my high school mentioned on Facebook that Extreme Makeover was coming to Baltimore. I absolutely love the show and watch it every Sunday. I knew that I needed to find a way to get to the site and volunteer.

I signed up online along with my friends, Alden and Kim. The recipients were announced yesterday and the build started.
We volunteered to work from 12 p.m. - 6 p.m. today.

Photobucket

I was surprised to see Ty there today. So cool that he was though!

Photobucket

Raven Symone from That's So Raven was the celebrity on this episode.


Photobucket


Alden and I spent four hours working in the catering tent. We served all the volunteers on the build.


Photobucket

After lunch, we went outside to work. On my way to the port-a-pot, a man told me to come with him for a minute. I ended up being an extra in a shot that they were doing with Michael, the designer, and Raven!

We also moved piles of wood and stocked coolers. The rest of the time was spent hanging out while the cement trucks came in. We got to see other celebrities...Paige and Xzibit on the build site.

Photobucket

The experience was everything I hoped for and more! Thanks girls for going with me!

3 comments:

Erin said...

How cool is that!!! What fun!

Jami said...

Kudos to you! That is an amazing show and they could not do it without volunteers like you and your friends. It looks like it was pretty hot out there...you had to really WANT to be there!
smiles!

www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

Carrie said...

Oh, my gosh! What a fun experience! I am so jealous! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails