Saturday, July 31, 2010

Waverly Farmers' Market

Tristan's girlfriend works at the local farmers' market on the weekends so we decided to go visit her today. It's been a long time since I've been and I realize that I've been missing out.

Photobucket

There are some really cool booths like this one, Wheely Good Smoothies.

Photobucket

I like the bicycle wheel above the menu.

Photobucket

Even better is that the blender is attached to a bicycle. You order a smoothie and then you get on the bike and pedal to blend it. For 50 cents extra, they will pedal for you! I can't wait to get the twins on the bikes!


Photobucket

And, there's great people watching. In the background of this picture you will notice that the woman is pumping up her truck tire with a bicycle pump. Wasn't working too well for her, but it was entertaining for those of us watching her.

Photobucket

I'm looking forward to going back next week...and to eating the beet salad with goat cheese that I am making with the beets I got from Gardeners' Gourmet.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails