Friday, November 7, 2008

Snapshots of a Fall Day

The other day I was out at McDonogh waiting for soccer practice to end. It was a beautiful day and the colors were magnificent. I happened to have my camera in the car so I decided to walk around campus taking pictures.
This is the main drive of McDonogh School. There is a gate house and the drive is tree-lined.

I passed this flower by the middle school building. I was struck by how yellow it was.
Fall grasses in front of the gym.

A close up of the grasses in front of the gym.

Colors of fall by Child's Memorial Terrace.

More trees by Child's Memorial.

Red leaves on a tree by the middle school.

A bench on the quad.

Trees outside of the gym.

As I mentioned before, I have been taking a class over at Big Picture Scrapbooking and one of our assignments was to make a framed paper mosaic. Instead (surprise, surprise) I decided to do a photo mosaic. I printed the photos above (2.75 inches by 2.75 inches) Then I mounted them on foam core (they sell foam core with adhesive) You are supposed to cut the foam core with an x-acto knife. Mine was dull so I used one of my good knives and a cutting board. I wish I had pictures of that process-it wasn't pretty. Anyway, it worked! Then I attached the foam core to a piece of cardstock using Art Accentz Terrifically Tacky Tape (LOVE that stuff). Then I placed it in a 12 x 12 shadow box frame that I got at Target.

The end result.

I am planning on giving this to my friend, Lynn. She works at McDonogh and since she's been in treatment, she has not been able to work. McDonogh is one of her favorite places and since she can't be there I thought I would bring a small piece of McDonogh to her.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails