Sunday, April 5, 2009

Conquering Another Fear

On Saturday I was lucky enough to go to Mar-Lu Ridge outside of Frederick, MD for Tristan's church retreat (I was the chef for the day).
After lunch we went on a hike UP the mountain. This is one of the spectacular views that we saw along the way.All of the kids got to rock climb on real rocks. I am absolutely petrified of heights and I have a REALLY hard time watching people climb things, standing near rails, sitting on walls, etc. This is especially true when I know the person doing the climbing. My hands tingle, I start sweating, and I cannot wait for it all to end.
Someone took this photo of me. I don't look too nervous, but inside I am freaking out!
Actually, I really was okay with it for the first time ever. I enjoyed watching the kids and it helped to know that there wasn't a chance that I was going to do any climbing even though they tried to get me up there. Tristan had no trouble climbing.

He made it to the top!
Maybe I will be able to handle this whole driving thing...please remind me of that on Tuesday when he drives to school for the first time.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails