Thursday, November 19, 2009

Crafting With Oona

First, I know that it's Thursday, but I've been a little busy. As I mentioned before, my daughter's friend, Oona, comes over on Tuesdays for the afternoon. Several weeks ago, I decided that we were going to craft each Tuesday afternoon thus "Crafting with Oona" was born.

Photobucket

This week while I was perusing my favorite blogs, I came across this craft on Full House. I was off to Walmart to buy convex mirrors in a heartbeat! The best part is that the mirrors are $1.26 for the small ones and $1.66 for the larger ones. (note: Do not go to the Walmart in Hunt Valley as I bought all of their convex mirrors)

Photobucket

I decided that we would make ornaments for Christmas trees so I gave the girls the small mirrors. I cut small pieces of paper for the sunbursts (approx. 2 x 4") The girls then rolled them up starting from one corner. Once they rolled up the piece of paper, they glued the end and held it until it was unable to come undone. I recycled the paper out of the catalogs that I have received lately.

Photobucket

We made a bunch of paper rolls at a time.

Photobucket

The mirrors have a sticker on the back, but we added additional glue. The girls made a plus sign with the paper rolls. Then they added more rolls between the rolls that made up the plus sign. There was no method to the madness--they just kept adding until they were happy. We also added a piece of ribbon so that the ornaments could be hung on the tree.

Photobucket

The finished product...

Photobucket

The one I made is hanging on the window in my office. I love how they look and I plan to do an entire window display of them like the ones on the Full House blog for Christmas time.


Photobucket

Isn't it cute?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails