Thursday, August 20, 2009

Look Out Joan Jett

Last Monday, Allie and Ammy started taking guitar lessons with Frankie G. Frankie is engaged to my sister-in-law, Lindsey, and he is an unbelievable musician. He has traveled the world opening for well-known bands (Evanescence), played guitar tracks on albums for famous musicians (Martina McBride) and taught at the School of Rock here in Baltimore. He is awesome and the kids LOVE him. He's much cooler than the music teachers at their school!

Photobucket

Since Monday night, every time I see Ammy, she has a guitar in her hands...she has been practicing non-stop. That's a good thing; however, I am hearing the metronome in my flippin' sleep. (Thanks Frankie for showing them this.) It's making me a little crazy!

Photobucket

Practicing, practicing, practicing!

Photobucket

The scary thing, is that she has designed a "Song Notebook" and she has been writing her own music.

Photobucket

If she could only sing, we might have the next Taylor Swift on our hands!

1 comment:

Nate's Mom said...

That is cool. Jacob has asked for guitar lessons this year too. I checked the local music store and they have pretty good rates. Now, I need to figure out where to fit it into the schedule. Looks like A is having fun.

Sheri in CA

Related Posts with Thumbnails