Monday, August 17, 2009

Photo Puzzle

I love making gifts for my kids' friends. One of my favorite gifts to make is a photo puzzle.

Photobucket

I buy wooden blocks at Michaels or AC Moore. For this puzzle, I used sixteen 1.5 inch blocks. They fit perfectly in this wood box that I also bought at Michaels. I then cropped a picture to 5.75 inches x 5.75 inches in photoshop and printed the picture on photo paper. (This is slightly smaller than the 6 inch x 6 inch square that the blocks make up, but this way the photos fit nicely on the individual blocks) Then I cut the picture into 16 equal squares. I put each square through my Xyron which laminated the photo side and created a sticker on the back side so that I could stick the photo directly onto the block. I did this 6 times so that every side of the block was covered.

Photobucket

I then printed out the six pictures and laminated them as well. This way, whoever is working on the puzzle can take a picture and figure out what the end result should look like. This is really important when there are 16 blocks--this puzzle is a little difficult. I have made it with 9 blocks before and that is perfect for little kids.

Photobucket

This is what the finished puzzle looks like for this one picture.

Photobucket

This project is really easy and the puzzles are fun to play with.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails