Friday, August 14, 2009

They May Be Twins But They Really Are Different

Angie Seaman is hosting a Foto Find Friday blog hop today and this week's theme is water. I've done a lot of posts related to water recently, so I spent some time searching for photos that you have never seen before.

Earlier this summer, a group of us took 14 kids to a water park while we were in Charleston, SC. I am not a huge fan of water parks (except for Great Wolf Lodge), but the kids absolutely love them. Their favorite activity was the wave pool--for 15 minutes the water is calm and everyone floats around in these tubes. Then the waves start and they don't stop for at least 5 minutes. This is part of our group here.


Photobucket

The wave pool is always packed (which totally wigs me out) and there are bodies everywhere.


Photobucket

Once the waves start, people are flying off the tubes, getting knocked over and nearly drowning. It's great fun.

Photobucket

As you can see, Kellen absolutely loved it.


Photobucket

The rougher the better. He has always been a daredevil.


Photobucket

Ammy, on the other hand, was not too sure about the waves.

Photobucket

After getting bounced around one too many a time she spent the rest of the time screaming and crying to get out.

Turns out she's a wimp like her mother!


Photobucket

Go here to see more water pictures.


5 comments:

Amanda Rooney said...

I'm with you...those wave pools FREAK ME OUT!! Actually, I've discovered that most water related activities involving my children send me a little over the edge.

This past weekend we were at the lake with my parents who happen to own a boat. Three of my four ended up tubbing...BY THEMSELVES. I WAS A COMPLETE WRECK!! But they loved it...go figure!!

So glad I found your blog on Angie's blog hop!! I love/relate to your title! HeeHee

Live.Love.Eat said...

I love tubing and wave pools but when it is too crowded it's a little scary!

My Trendy Tykes said...

Ah, yes....that would freak me out being around all those people.

I would be hanging with the other wimps. I am not ashamed either! lol

Angie Seaman said...

Oh my goodness! What fun photos! This is awesome. So glad you participated. And yes, lots of people but the kids sure look like they were having a real blast! :)

Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see more in the weeks ahead. So fun!

Blessings, Angie
www.angelicagracedesigns.com/blog/
www.angieseamanphotography.blogspot.com

Bernie said...

I love the wave pool pictures. Your pictures make me want to go to a wave pool now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails